Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Why I still love cartoons?

People who find me watching Cartoon Network on TV often ask this question. Considering the ripe age of 25, marriage and being in a serious professional like engineer, why don’t I indulge in a suitable pastime? Maybe reading perhaps or cooking, or at least gossiping? I could watch Discovery or some mindless soap opera, but cartoons??? They might be in for another shock, if I let them know that I also regularly read comic strips in newspapers, apart from purchasing comic books once in a while.

Cartoons still bring me a few moments of laughter after a hard working day and boring routine. They never fail to tickle my funny bone with the jokes, the repartees, some fast action; just pure fun. Fun, which doesn’t require using much of my already weary mind. Watching them is the perfect way of relaxing. My favorites include, “Dexter: the boy wizard” and “Tom & Jerry”, closely followed by anything that has to do with Donald Duck. In print, I love to read “Calvin and Hobbes” (which is also my husband’s favorite), “Garfield”, “Blondie” and “Denise the Menace”.

I always start my mornings by pulling out the cartoons page from our newspaper, a better way of beginning the day than catching up often depressing headlines.

So folks, I am not going to change! I’ll keep doing what I love. Devil may care!

9 Comments:

At February 23, 2005 at 11:35 AM, Blogger paul v said...

hail meg...i have about 10 years on you and i still prefer the cartoons in the newspaper the first thing in themorning

 
At March 5, 2005 at 4:38 AM, Blogger Lohia said...

We all love same things, but some of us can afford to do all this. Enjoy doing what u like at least some part of the day,

It is great to be natural and original

 
At March 8, 2005 at 6:12 AM, Blogger Manish Bhatt said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At March 8, 2005 at 6:13 AM, Blogger Manish Bhatt said...

Deah Meggie May, you're not alone. We all love cartoons in here. (Umm, did we sound like schizonphrenics there.)

 
At May 3, 2005 at 12:00 AM, Blogger meras said...

y we still love cartoons..

laugh n laugh by watching cartoons...

 
At May 3, 2005 at 12:00 AM, Blogger meras said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 5, 2005 at 1:19 AM, Blogger Jaseer Abubakar said...

Hey... Was just looking for some Indian Blogs and came across yours. I LOVE cartoons.... I kind of feel they bring the child out in you. I sit and watch Tom and Jerry often and know what I realise.... We still haven't lost the innocence of your childhood. After a tiring day's work, I find it always nice to be a child for sometime, be it... 10 or 20 mins... then you feel all the problems in life are so simple... you can take it lightly and deal it appropriately... its all made up mostly in your mind.... and you are happy and quite and calm... Anyway nice to see many people loving cartoons. As for me my favourites are Tom and Jerry, Calvin and Hobbes and TinTin. I even keep a full colleciton of Calvin and Hobbes. I love quotes..too.... which you can find in my blog also..

 
At November 8, 2005 at 10:25 AM, Blogger Meg said...

hmmmm...I some how relate to your blog.No its not the cartoons.Hmmm..
I just cant put my finger on it,

 
At February 15, 2006 at 6:13 AM, Blogger Ramesh said...

hi i am ramesh from india.i read urs post these r very nise. my id rame_sss24@yahoo.com. i want friendship with u. pls give me reply

 

Post a Comment

<< Home